Tape in hair extensions are very popular in these days. Many people are happy to choose tape in hair extensions because they are easy to use and have excellent results. You can easily add volume to your hair by applying two tape in hair extensions to one strand of your own hair, one above the other. Not only that, you can also choose colorful tape in hair extensions to add some highlights or lowlights to your hair.
Pros of tape in hair extensions
- Tape in hair extensions are easy to install and time saving. If you are experienced, you can install tape in hair extensions yourself at home and save the money spent in salons.
- Tape in hair extensions are so comfortable and light to wear that you won't even feel its presence. Even if you have less hair, you don't have to worry about the tape will be seen easily.
- Tape in hair extensions are very flexible to use, you can add the same color hair or use different colors of tape in hair extensions to create the look you like.
- Tape in hair extensions are not disposable, when used properly, they can generally be reused for three times.
Cons of tape in hair extensions
All things considered, the biggest problem with tape in hair extensions is probably removal. But this is not a problem unique to tape in hair extensions, all hair extensions have this problem. Generally, when removing tape in hair extensions, you need to use a glue solvent, such as C-22, which reduces the pain of pulling on the hair during the removal process and removes the glue left on the hair.
Tips and tricks to use tape in hair extensions
When using tape in hair extensions, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure effectiveness and increase longevity.
- In order to keep the tape in hair extensions from falling out while combing your hair, you should preferably use a large wide tooth comb.
- After installing the tape in hair extensions, try not to wash your hair for 48 hours, and do not let your hair get wet or stay in a place with too much humidity, otherwise it may reduce the solidity of the glue and the tape in hair extensions will come off easily.
- In order to make your hair smooth, use more conditioner when washing your hair, avoiding the root area. After washing your hair, you can also spray some leave-in conditioner to ensure that your hair is smooth and not dry.
- When washing your hair, it is best to choose a shower. Soaking in the bathtub may get the gel wet, which may cause hair extensions to fall off.
- After washing or wetting your hair, please dry it or blow dry it as soon as possible. You should not go to bed with wet hair or damp hair.
- Do not use hot air when blow-drying your hair.
- Avoid going to sauna because under the influence of steam, the adhesive on the tape will get wet, which will cause tape in hair extensions to come off.
- If conditions allow, in order to keep your hair neat and tidy and reduce the number of times you have to wash it, you can wear a certain silk night cap or braid your hair before going to bed to avoid tangling it during sleep.
If you can follow these few tips, your hair extensions will always look great and amazing.
Where to buy tape in hair extensions?
So, after studying the pros and cons of tape hair extensions and how to use them, you can decide if it is worthwhile to use them. In general, the reviews about hair extensions with tape are the most positive. Here are some of Ubeautywigs tape in hair extensions made of 100% real human hair.
Body Wave Tape in Hair Extension 12-30inch Human Hair Pu Weft
Deep Curly Tape in Hair Extension 12-30inch Human Hair Pu Weft